While We’re At It
By now you’ve heard that the Mighty Mighty BossToneS have released their long-awaited record “While We’re At it.” The band has had a busy summer leading up to their 10th full-length album, now available just about everywhere as of June 15th. We did our best to keep you up to date on Facebook but wanted to recap the details in case you missed something.
According to the band, “This is the best of what we do best.” Thematically, “While We’re At It chronicles the harsh realities of life and gives hope for a better future.” They hope listeners understand, “it’s how you handle what you’re handed when it’s handed to you.” The band provides more backstory on the record as well as the “trilogy” linking this release to the previous two on their website.
Released on June 15, “While We’re At It” is available digitally on Apple Music, Spotify, and all the rest.
- Green Bay, Wisconsin
- The Constant
- Wonderful Day For The Race
- Closer To Nowhere
- Walked Like A Ghost
- The West Ends
- Here We Are
- The Mad Dash
- Absolutely Wrong
- In Honor Of
- Hugo’s Wife
- After The Music Is Over
- He Kept Mum (Vinyl release only)
The vinyl version has an exclusive track not (yet) available anywhere else. The first pressing has already sold out so you’ll have to settle for a second which ships in August. The vinyl is colored “‘Gittleman green’ & ‘do something crazy cream.'” Cute. You might still be able to find a first-pressing brown and orange release online or at your favorite record store.
The band has launched their own YouTube channel. Subscribe and be the first to see when they’ve posted new videos.
“Wonderful Day for The Race”
This video and album artwork was produced by YoYoYosef, the artist behind album artwork for many bands you know and love.
Festivals and Shows
The band will be hosting the Cranking and Skanking Fest outside the Palladium in Worcester featuring a really great line up of supporting acts. I couldn’t help but notice that this was announced as the “inaugural” event; here’s hoping it’s successful and that there are more to come! The event is said to also feature “Craft Beer, Food, Vendors, and More!”
Support acts include Toots & The Maytals, The Bouncing Souls, Fishbone, The Pietasters, The Planet Smashers, The Doped Up Dollies, and more to be announced.
August feels a hair close to their annual throwdown. While I imagine throwdown die-hards won’t feel like they have to choose, I always appreciate another local opportunity to see the act just in case holiday and family commitments conflict which I know it happens for many fans.
National Tour Dates
- June 26 – Sacramento, CA Ace of Spades
- June 27 – San Francisco, CA The Fillmore
- June 29 – Los Angeles, CA The Regent Theatre, Performing “Let’s Face It”
- June 30 – San Diego, CA House of Blues
- July 3 – Phoenix, AZ The Van Buren
- July 5 – Austin, TX Scoot Inn
- July 6 – Houston, TX House of Blues
- July 7 – Dallas, TX House of Blues
- Aug 18 – Toronto, ON Phoenix Concert Theatre
- Aug 19 – Detroit, MI St. Andrew’s Hall
- Aug 21 – Indianapolis, IN The Vogue
- Aug 22 – Chicago, IL House of Blues
- Aug 23 – Cleveland, OH House of Blues
- Aug 25 – Worcester, MA Worcester Palladium