I’ve been awake for less than an hour and there’s already stuff to report:
- The Specials are on tour in the UK and a possible two-part US tour may happen in March and August. I caught them at Terminal 5 in New York City in 2010 and they still had it. But, [insert my usual grievances with nostalgia acts touring with out new local support blah blah blah].
- Reel Big Fish’s recent album “Candy Coated Fury” is only $5 on Amazon mp3. I love this album. It’s got the pieces that made “Turn the Radio Off,” “Why Do They Rock So Hard,” and “Cheer Up” such great records. [h/t absolutepunk]
- Someone caught the entirety of an Aggrolites set in Spain on video. Watch it here. [h/t Dying Scene who have the set list as well]
- Don’t forget to listen to “The Rude Show” and “Generoso’s Bovine Ska and Rocksteady” on WMBR every Tuesday at 11pm. You can stream online and they archive the previous show.
- Rancid’s Tim Armstrong has been recording a song a day under the name “Tim Timebomb and Friends.” Included in the batch of covers have been some great two-tone era songs including Too Much Pressure, Lip Up Fatty, and Save It for Later. [via Dying Scene]