- Boston/Rhode Island’s Brunt of It will be celebrating their CD Release on Saturday, December 15 at Monster Shop Allston. They’ll be joined by Lenny Lashley’s Gang of One, The Snipes, and Fort The Band. The album is called All Aboard the Cannabus and will be available on their bandcamp. The night before, they’re celebrating in Providence. Thanks to @kfdavila for sending in the tip!
- RadioBDC is giving away tickets and a “VIP Experience” (read: bottle service and lap dance from Dickey) to the Mighty Mighty Bosstones Hometown Throwdown. Actually it’s a sweet package that includes a stay at the Boston Harbor Hotel. Enter here.
- Pressure Cooker’s recent release, “Wherever You Go,” got a great review from the Boston Globe. “It’s hard to say which wave of reggae and ska we are currently on, but whichever one it is, Pressure Cooker is riding it very well.” Read the review. Buy the record.
- Rochester’s Mrs. Skannotto has (have? I never know) been added to The Toasters’ show at TT The Bear’s on Friday, March 1st. Tix/info here.
- Yesterday, A Guy Named Guy released their Terminals Split with D-Cent Jerks from Puerto Rico. The D-Cent Jerks tracks swing a little pop/punk while the AGNG tracks swing a bit more post-punk. Give it a listen. (and then buy it if you dig it! It’s only $2!)
Hanukkah began last night. Here’s one of the 3 Hanukkah songs that don’t suck. Buy the 7″ from Asbestos Records. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItpApIn1osc