First off, sorry I fell off the planet the end of February. I got sick which meant going to bed at normal hours, not staying up late or waking up early to blog. (It’d be so great if I had some help, hint hint.)
Meanwhile, the bands we love have big things going on!
- Mad Caddies will release their first new album in seven years on Fat Wreck on May 13 entitled “Dirty Rice.” They tour nationally in April and May, but the closest they’ll get is NYC on May 16th.
- The Planet Smashers mentioned on Facebook that they’ve completed tracking a new record. (h/t Dying Scene)
- PBS has video of a complete live Mustard Plug set. (h/t Dying Scene)
- Fishbone gets sued for $1.4 Million by a person hurt at one of their shows and responds.
- The Selecter’s Pauline Black has created a Spotify playlist for Fred Perry Subculture celebrating their 35th anniversary of being a band.
- Fund this great Florida ska compilation on Kickstarter.
And then when you’re all caught up on that news, check out this video by The Skinny, a new band from Stomp Records.
Too non-sequitar or not non-sequitar enough? Should I not use “non-sequitar” as an adjective?