- Boston/Rhode Island’s Brunt of It will be celebrating their CD Release on Saturday, December 15 at Monster Shop Allston. They’ll be joined by Lenny Lashley’s Gang of One, The Snipes, and Fort The Band. The album is called All Aboard the Cannabus and will be available on their bandcamp. The night before, they’re celebrating in Providence. Thanks to @kfdavila for sending in the tip!
- RadioBDC is giving away tickets and a “VIP Experience” (read: bottle service and lap dance from Dickey) to the Mighty Mighty Bosstones Hometown Throwdown. Actually it’s a sweet package that includes a stay at the Boston Harbor Hotel. Enter here.
- Pressure Cooker’s recent release, “Wherever You Go,” got a great review from the Boston Globe. “It’s hard to say which wave of reggae and ska we are currently on, but whichever one it is, Pressure Cooker is riding it very well.” Read the review. Buy the record.
- Rochester’s Mrs. Skannotto has (have? I never know) been added to The Toasters’ show at TT The Bear’s on Friday, March 1st. Tix/info here.
- Yesterday, A Guy Named Guy released their Terminals Split with D-Cent Jerks from Puerto Rico. The D-Cent Jerks tracks swing a little pop/punk while the AGNG tracks swing a bit more post-punk. Give it a listen. (and then buy it if you dig it! It’s only $2!)
Late last week, RadioBDC told us that Dicky Barrett was going to be on the radio with a huge announcement. The announcement itself was (yawn) that RadioBDC was going to be presenting Hometown Throwdown 15. The best part about it was that Dicky wasn’t even so sure of the announcement himself. Sounds like he got the memo but didn’t read it so closely. Listen to the awkward conversation:
What was significant was that they posted a few more openers for the Hometown Throwdown on their website (and possibly on the radio show but I tuned out shortly after they went back to music). So far we know: Dogmatics open Dec 29, Bouncing Souls on Dec 30, Big D and Amazing Royal Crowns on Dec 31. I’ve got tickets to the 29th so I naturally had to go listen to the Dogmatics. They’ve got a garage-y Ramones thing going on.